My soul food reading list…
- Big Brother and Colby – a beautiful, heartwarming post that I recommend EVERY blended needs family read!
- Love and Instinct
- Mother’s Lie
- 10 Tips
- Psalm 139
- Peace that Defies Pain – Max Lucado
- A Birthday Poem (borrowed for Trevy) – by Shawna Graves
- Things to Remember
- Welcome to the Club
My soul food listening list…
- Blessings – Laura Story
- Calmer of The Storm
- Trevy’s video – my amateur attempt at creating a video…I’ve been meaning to put together another
- Who You Callin’ Non-verbal – my non-verbal son two months post op begging for a donut!
My laugh or cry list…you know you have a special needs child when...
- your kid’s medical file is held inside several 3 ring binders
- the doctors at the ER know you by name
- friends don’t ask you to watch their children – because they’re afraid they’ll have to return the favor!
- being overly nice to my kid
- ignoring my kid
- treating my kid like there’s nothing wrong
- Yes, that’s right you CAN’T win!
- Sorry, but I’m the crazy mom of a SNC – are you uncomfortable yet?
The sunny side of Having a Special Needs child…
- a SNC is a bad-friend filter
- you get to take vacations to many big & exciting cities – like Boston (Children’s that is…)
- you begin to understand the essence of unconditional love and strive to give it
- in this sometimes dark place you are able to more vividly see Christ’s face & God’s fingerprints
“I’ve spent too long wanting what was taken from me
and not what I was given…”
Caspian, Voyage of the Dawntreader [film; 2010]
“Go as far as you can see;
When you get there, you’ll be able to see further”
— Thomas Carlyle
My soul food writing – cause I wear my emotions on my cyber sleeve…
- Acceptance is a Fickle Beast
- Lucky Stars
- Dancing on a Dare – must see music video clip hidden inside!
- Needed to be Reminded
- Promise – written for jonathan when we were exploring surgery
- Happy He’s Not Real – sometimes I get to see glimpses of the beauty that’s being shaped into the hearts of my children through Trevy’s journey…this was one of those sweet moments
- So Shoot Me – life is an up and down emotion ride…and I have this thing with sharing it
- Angel with a Crooked Grin
- Waiting Room Days
- And She Doesn’t Get to Know
- A Worship Story – sometimes a tidal wave of peace floods my heart
- How its Supposed to be